Thursday, March 22, 2012

lava sunrise

 Today started off with a lava sunrise.  I'd timelapse one but they are so hard to get because they last 1 min tops, also 99% of them suck.

When I opened the door to leave I saw a red reflection on a cloud.  The sunrise was out of sight but I knew what that glow meant already.  It took 10 seconds from me seeing the glow to being on the roof with my camera ready.  When I got there the sunrise made it worth running.  I also got stares from a neighbor who probably thinks I've lost my mind.  Oh well, I do these things to share my discoveries here.





The entire sunrise lasted 2 min... insert joke here

2 comments:

  1. pretty wow quality. You should place one picture of neighbor with robe and coffee staring at it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks. this neighbor was getting in his car and he just stood with his door open starring. there is a legal issue with taking pictures of people from a roof, something about obvious privacy but i know better :P

    ReplyDelete